A child’s parents are his first “doctors”, therefore learning about healthy oral hygiene habits starts at home.
The child’s first contact with the dentist is very important for the development of a positive attitude of the future adult towards oral health. In order to implement the correct dental hygiene techniques for your child, from an early age, we encourage you to visit us at the Diadent Clinic in Iasi.
Over the course of a lifetime, the human teeth go through 3 stages of development: temporary dentition (baby teeth), mixed dentition (baby teeth and permanent teeth) and permanent dentition.
! The teeth and periodontium of children and adolescents are structurally, biologically and functionally different from those of adults. In addition a child’s ability to concentrate and be patient is much lower and emotion management is difficult.
Thus, consulting a dentist with experience in pediatric dentistry can make the difference between a successful treatment and an unpleasant episode for the little ones.
Some differences in the periodontium of temporary dentition are:
– thicker gum with rounded edge and less firm consistency
– retractability and reduced gingival tonicity
– immature gingival fiber system with accentuated vascularization
– the gingival mucosa is closer to the occlusal area
Differences in bone tissue of temporary dentition:
– alveolar bone less voluminous, less dense
– intense vascularization
– thinner internal and external bone cortex
– bone thickness develops with tooth eruption (depending on individual genetic pattern)
An important element in the development of dental structures is the phenomenon called: physiological resorption.
→Starting at the age of 6, the temporary teeth exfoliate and fall out to make way for the permanent teeth.
→Exfoliation of temporary teeth and eruption of permanent teeth cause considerable morphological and histological changes, very important in the management of dental pathologies.
Some of the more significant pathologies among children and adolescents that require an URGENT visit to the dental office for a CORRECT diagnosis and treatment are:
– eruption abnormalities: delayed eruption, abnormal eruption
– structural anomalies: translucent / colored enamel, enamel of abnormal consistency (brittle, chalky), enamel with irregular appearance (streaks, depressions, cracks)
– affectes periodium (abnormal appearance of the gums: color, shape, size)
– traumas / dental fractures
– dental pain
– caries (cavities)
Maintaining the health and integrity of the temporary teeth should not be neglected because the pathologies of temporary teeth can affect the eruption of permanent teeth!
At Diadent Clinic, the goal of the medical staff is to create a pleasant atmosphere for the little ones and to carry out the dental treatments in a calm and pleasant way in order to support the formation of a positive attitude in the child’s mind regarding dental health.